Before you start with the individual steps of the framework, we recommend to read the Introduction & Core Ideas chapter first, as this will set the foundation for the concepts layed out in the framework.
- Vision – Creating a product vision and defining the target audience, based on the company’s strategic goals
- User Journey – Mapping how users will interact with the product – from the first touchpoint to the last and identifying opportunities and improvements that need to be developed.
- Prioritize – prioritizing the envisioned opportunities and improvements
- Story Mapping – breaking down the identified opportunities and improvements into actionable work items and grouping them into releases
- Estimate – estimating the created work items
- Roadmap – Creating an actionable plan(roadmap) that shows at what time what functionality of the product can be expected and allows for a high level management of dependencies.
- Deliver – Delivering the product, based on the structure and plans made in the previous steps.
Last but not least, check out the meeting structure, to make sure your product management efforts become a regular process that is updated at regular intervals to react to changes.